Saturday, October 28, 2017

Inktober, Day 6: Sword (Fern)

I skipped a few days ahead.  The prompt was "Sword."  In sticking with more of a nature theme, I thought of sword ferns, which I know to be fussy with details.  I thought to play with the Pigma Graphic 2 with this and did it on the back of my scratch paper, with only the barest framework sketch in under five minutes.

 

Materials

  • Pigma Graphic 2 marker
  • H hardness drawing pencil
  • Cold-pressed watercolor paper cut to 3.5x5" 
 



 

Step 1:  Sketch with a pencil

Sketch the general framework

 

Step 2:  Draw with pen

I still don't like the 2.  I'm not sure it has a use in my artwork.  The tip is too stubby and not varied enough.

 

Results

I may repeat this.  It's fast.  I would not give this dirty one as a gift.  I would probably want a different pen, and I may place pieces of ferns in the corners at various angles to make it look like a section of stylized wallpaper rather than a single badly done biological drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment