Saturday, October 28, 2017

Inktober, Day 1: Swift

The prompt was "Swift."  That didn't easily bring an idea to mind, so I googled images for "swift" and saw some foxes.  I remembered I'd painted a watercolor fox some years ago, and I liked it, but I needed something a bit more stylized so I could finish it quickly.  However, I didn't want 'cartoonish.' 

Materials

  • Pigma Graphic 1 pen
  • H hardness drawing pencil
  • White erasers of various shapes and sizes
  • Cold-pressed watercolor paper cut to 3.5x5" 
 

 

Step 1:  Sketch with a pencil

 

Step 2:  Draw with a pen

I don't like the 1 for this -- I'd thought it was a softer tip or a finer tip with a broader base.  Maybe next time I'd draw with a finer pen and broaden the strokes with this one, where applicable.  However, it's done, and I made it work.  I need to use scratch paper to test out strokes, and maybe for a practice card.  I tend to do a single example of each piece and move on.  I know I would benefit from repetition but that seems like waste -- what do I do with the extra copies, and it also would bore me.

 

Step 3:  Carefully erase the pencil marks

 

Results

I wouldn't repeat this.  It's okay, but it's not my favorite style.  I do like it well enough to give as a gift.  Giving cards as gifts is especially liberating, because the recipient will likely choose the style or topic that best suits the correspondent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment