Saturday, October 28, 2017

Inktober 2017

Inspiration

Inktober, a daily drawing challenge for the month of October. 

Also, I make cards as gifts for Christmas presents.  Last year I started making miniature watercolors on 3x5" to 4x6" watercolor paper with a triple purpose:
  1. Something small I could easily paint in a few minutes a day, to do do art daily and not have to commit to large things I rarely finish.  (I live in a small space; I usually have to put everything away each time.)
  2. A way to practice new skills and techniques.
  3. A way to make packs of cards to give as gifts.
This year, I decided to try Inktober, though I'm quite late starting.  Rehabilitating some old injuries has kept me from sitting long -- and for a large portion of last year I had difficulty lifting my own arm, never mind painting, drawing, or even writing for long.

Materials

  • I have a bunch of Pigma pens I picked up for free last year when an art student moved out of the dorms, and some waterproof micro Sharpies I've used for note-taking and drawing.
  • I also have a mis-matched selection of drawing pencils from 7B to 6H I will use for sketching.
  • White 'architect's' erasers in various shapes and sizes.
  • Various rulers and other drawing guides I may or may not use.

Step 1:  Follow the Rules, or Don't -- this is to get you drawing for your own sake

Step 2:  Use the Prompts, or Don't

 

Step 3:  Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment