Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Materials: Watercolor Paints, current selection and future options.

I need more paints.

I have a 12-tube set of Pentel paints that I think are dried solid.  I'm not sure if I can get the pigment out and rehydrate it.  New ones are $6 on Amazon.  I don't think it's worth the work.


I have a 12-tube set of Niji paints.  New ones are $6 on Amazon.

Now I think I know why I never cared for tube paints.



I have a 24-pan set of Yarka St. Petersburg--Sequel, and I'd like to have more Yarkas, but they're >$60 per 24.

I can buy individual pans for ≥$4.29 each at Cheap Joe's.
There are 59 colors, including some metallics not included in sets.




Yarka St. Petersburg (YSP) 24-pan watercolor sets are $61.99 on sale at Cheap Joe's
I'm low on White, and Sequel is the only one that includes White.
I'm almost out of Hansa Yellow, which can be found in Sequel and in Expanded.
I'm low on a number of others, and I don't want to check all the sets for overlap.

It looks like they come in a 36-pan case/palette instead of the
current 24-pan one I have.

The Original set includes Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Cadmium Lemon, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Yellow, Carmine, Cobalt Blue, Emerald Green, English Red, Golden Ochre, Madder Lake, Mars Brown, Black Neutral, Ochre Yellow, Raw Sienna, Raw Umber, Red Ochre, Red Violet, Russian Blue, Russian Green, Scarlet, Ultramarine, and Yellow Green.


The Sequel set includes Zinc White, Lemon, Hansa Yellow, Naples Yellow, Golden Deep, Titans, Vermillion Hue, Cad. Red Light, Ruby, Quin. Rose, Claret, Quin. Lilac, Blue Lake, Cob. Blue Spectral, Prussian Azure, Azure Blue, Turquoise Blue, Cerulean Blue, Green Light, Oxide of Chromium, Olive Green, Voronezhskaya Black and more!

The Expanded set includes Hansa Yellow, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Raw Sienna, Golden Ochre, Cadmium Orange, Lake Orange, Shakhnazarskaya Red, English Red, Scarlet, Rose, Violet Rose, Violet, Blue Lake, Brilliant Blue, Cobalt Blue, Glauconite, Yellow Green, Green Original, Russian Green, Burnt Umber, and Voronezhskaya Black.


I think this 36-pan set is the White Nights Set for $50.96 on Amazon.

There's a 36-pan set on the manufacturer's website for £40.00, and it includes 20 (21?) new colors and 16 (15?) colors I have, including colors I need:
Zinc White, Cadmium Lemon, Cadmium Yellow Med, Yellow Ochre, Golden (Ochre?), Golden Deep, Hansa Yellow, Titian's, Ruby, Cadmium Red Light, Quinacridone Rose, English Red, Carmine, Madder Lake Red Light, Quinacridone Lilac, Violet, Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue, Cobalt (Indanthrene?) Blue, Turquoise Blue, Indigo, Cerulean Blue, Yellow-Green, Emerald Green, Green (Russian), Olive Green, Oxide of Chromium, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Umber, Burnt Umber, Mars Brown, Sepia, Neutral Black, and Payne's Grey.



WORK IN PROGRESS




No comments:

Post a Comment