Sunday, March 10, 2019

Themed Bouqets

Inspiration

I needed a bouquet and I didn't have time or the wherewithal to go buy one, so I looked at what I had, and made one.  It's become tradition now.


Materials, Processes, and Results


The  first was dog biscuit-shaped cookies on bamboo skewers, tied in paper with a ribbon to look like a bouquet.  I had the extra cookies because they hadn't been quite right for another project.  Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the bouquet or the Italian cookies I used, only a picture of some cracker-type cookies I used for the other project.






For the second, I cut a slit in some free candy papers and passed one twisted end of a wrapped cough drop through it.  I wired one to the top of a bamboo skewer.  I used some single serving packets of cold medications from the health clinic to create bunched "leaves" I wired to more skewers.  I trimmed the skewers to various lengths and used rubber bands to keep them loosely grouped.  I layered paper facial tissue inside a green satin "handkerchief" scarf I had, wrapped it up, and tied it with raffia I also had on hand.
 




  

I had packs of origami paper I'd barely touched and looked up various free origami clothing patterns online.  From left to right: a man's black trenchcoat, a yellow short-sleeved, white-collared dress shirt with black slacks taped below, a woman's French blue coat with a pale blue scarf, and a sky blue calico party dress with a royal blue handbag.  I used black-coated copper jewelry wire and jewelry pliers and nippers to create the miniature wire hangers.  I also wired three bamboo skewers together to create the "clothes rod".  I wrapped this in stiff grey tissue paper used to package clothes in gift boxes and tied it with two large iridescent glittery pipe cleaners.  All materials I'd had on hand.






No comments:

Post a Comment